Friday, May 28, 2010

Water snake

Watersnake

Last month I discovered a precious wiggley water snake in my garden. He is full of life and energy. He has announced quietly that he has taken ownership of the front flowerbed.

Two of my little grandkids have taken a close look at the snake as well. I don't know if he is a her or a him. Let's say it is a him. So, I've named him Henry Freddie. He likes to go by the name of Henry.

There he stays in his area. He moves to and fro in the front flower bed.
It is his territory where he plays and works hard to find bugs.

I see him scurring about. I water the garden and there he is getting his shower for the day. I see him wiggle in the iris and the shasta daisies.

He is slippery and has keen senses, like snakes do.
He loves his throne of life in the front flower bed this summer.


Happy snakes,

Marsha



No comments: