Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Water - Irrigation

Water


Water is one of our greatest and valuble resources. We use it to drink, wash clothes, cars, landscape and all of our agriculture needs. Irrigation is very important to us. This irrigation which increases agriculture productivity, has now become a vital feeding the entire population.

Irrigation filled the fields of the United States grew from 5 million acres in 1899 to more than 25 million acres in 1982.

Later irrigation has grown from 20 billion gallons per day in 1950 to almost 50 billion gallons in 1985.

Now today nearly half the water in the resident home goes to one's landscape.

So, as a gardener you need to learn how to save water. This what I have done to conserve water.

I have four stations of watering in my system. I for the past three years cut back the watering from 20 minutes per staton to 10 minutes per station. My lawn and garden is still beautiful and I saved money on my water bill. Have a great summer.


Marsha the avid gardener

No comments: