Thursday, April 22, 2010

Garden Art

Do you like that rusty look in the
garden?


Do you like rust in the garden? Maybe. Do you like art? If your answer is yes, well your art can be put in the garden, as an accent piece. I have a few pieces of art and rust in the garden bed.

For instance, a metal or even an old bed frame wouyld be ideal for the flowerbed. Get it? Flowerbed, with a bed post attached. By adding the bed post it would add a touch of glass.
Also, a personal feeling in the garden.

In my garden I added a rusted hubcap from a 1966 Mustang. My ornamental grasses grow up through it and it adds such taste.

Then one day I was hiking and I came across an old metal paint bucket. I retreived it and brought it home as garden art for the garden. I had an idea. I have a second wheel barrow that I used one day for live waterlily pads. It worked well until that West Nile Virus came into effect.
I no longer had a pond. I was sad.

Now back to my paint can. I brought the can home and placed it in my garden. There you have it. As I placed the can in my garden I thought, Painted garden. It was great. I love the art in the garden.

Lastly, another terrific idea for the garden is to add an old dresser. The just by opening drawers and putting container potted plants in the drawers adds a nice touch. It is beautiful and the entire neighborhood will love your bedroom full of blooms!

Happy gardening,

Marsha

No comments: