Thursday, May 20, 2010

Strawberry

Strawberry Fields


It was about 40 years ago that I as a young girl picked strawberries. I picked this lucious fruit at the japanese folks by the name of Akagi farm. They grew numerous amounts of strawberries. Perhaps they had strawberries coming out of their ears. I glad it wasn't corn or else it would be ears literity!

When summers rolled around as they often do I worked at the red fielded farm. I was only fifteen. Life was good. And Nixon didn't know he would be president in just 3years.
After the work was done in the summer at the farm I tried to get on at the Cookie Factory but they were not hiring.

I picked in the fields all morning. Until the sun got hot, then I headed for home. I walked every where when I was young.

That summer I earned a total of $11.95. I thought I had struck gold! I bought me a pair of high heel sandals.

To this day I have a passion for sandals. So, every year I grow strawberries just like at the Akagi farm. Yet, mine our better and sweeter for I grow the ever bearing type. Yummm.


Happy gardening,

Marsha

No comments: